Might as well note the tweaks here, as they seem to be handy.
|This Picture Has Nothing to do with the post.|
The resume is kept in a git repository. The repos are all kept under ~/workspace (and sometimes mirrored to GitHub, Dropbox and/or pushed to the Web.)
- Dropbox appears in the Finder "Favorites" sidebar, but ~/workspace does not.
- So I go looking for it repeatedly.
- That's annoying. What to do?
- Open a Finder window.
- Navigate to ~/workspace.
- Press Command-T to add ~/workspace to the Favorites list.
- git status in a terminal shell window at ~/workspace/resume reveals a .DS_Store file.
- Mac OSX pollutes folders with .DS_Store files to hold Finder information. Call 'em lazy.
- That file doesn't belong in the repo. That's annoying. What to do?
- If you remove the file, it will just come back. That's annoying. What to do?
- Go to the terminal shell at ~/workspace/resume
- echo '*.DS_Store' >> ~/.gitignore_global
- git config --global core.excludesfile ~/.gitignore_global